Tags

Saturday, November 10, 2012

DIY Native American Costume

Happy November everyone! I hope you all had a great October. Mine was super busy which was why it took me so long to write new posts! Anyway, I thought I would do a quick tutorial on my Halloween Costume. I just went to my sister's house and Chipotle ($2 burritos if you're dressed up!) so I didn't go all out, but I did want to dress up. My costume was completely last minute and all I had to buy was a cheap, long-sleeved brown shirt! Ok here's what you'll need...
  • Long-sleeved brown shirt
  • Black skirt (black or grey leggings work too)
  • Tights
  • Moccasins
  • Feather(s)
  • Paint
  • Earth-y jewelry (optional)
Once you have your supplies, you can get to work!
  1. Cut out the seams from the collar and bottom of the shirt. Just cut on the seam all the way around.
  2. Cut chunky strips at the bottom of the shirt. If you want to be precise, you can use a ruler and mark how far up you want to cut all around the shirt.
  3. Once you have chunky strips, cut those into halves then halves again. It depends on how thin you want the fringe.
  4. Pair the shirt with a blank band skirt, tights and moccasins.
  5. Add Native American themed jewelry (I had a sun necklace).
  6. Either pull some hair back and stick in a feather or make a head piece out of construction paper and multiple feathers.
  7. Finally, get black, teal, or red face paint and paint designs onto your face (I kept mine simple).
And you're done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment