Tags

Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY on a Dime: Bathroom

Wow! I am the queen of inconsistent blogging. But I have a good post for today. Over this past MLK holiday, my parents went to Savannah for a couple days on vacation. My sister and I had a great weekend together. On Saturday, after discussing how outdated out parents' bathroom is, we decided to surprise them and redo it! It was completely spontaneous and so much fun. They have a great bathroom, but it hasn't been redone since they bought the house in the 90's! Here are some before pics...




Yikes, right? The renovation was done in one day. We went to Home Depot and picked up paint, painting supplies, and Rustoleum spray. It took us about 3 hours to paint and maybe an hour and a half to clean from head to toe. The décor was all mismatched and random, so we took most of it out and added tasteful accessories. We went for a "spa" theme so white towels, tealights, and dark brown accents fit perfectly. Here are the after pictures!





My sister and I were so excited for our parents to see it! The blue-gray color looked great and brought out all the white in the bathroom. It's simple enough to look elegant, but it has lots of room for my mom to add and move things as she pleases. They LOVED it. My mom cried as expected and my dad thought it was perfect. The whole DIY cost under $100. It really shows how a little bit of paint and elbow grease can transform a room.



No comments:

Post a Comment